Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-02-2020 , 10:30 PM

shelf button for edit pivot

I use the edit pivot function a lot (the one that's found in the move/rotate/scale options window). It's a lot like the slide edge function but the edit pivot lets you select the specific component to line up to and it brings back your gismo. It's a pain to always have to bring up the options window every single time, so I'm looking to make a shelf button for it. Playing with the mel script that fires off, I can make a button that sets the pivot a specific direction, but I haven't been able to find a way that puts me into the component selection mode that pressing the edit pivot button does. Any ideas?

# 2 04-04-2020 , 04:20 AM
Lifetime Member
1 First make sure you are on the shelf that you want to copy to. 2 copy the script below to your shelf by opening the script editor at the bottom right of your scene (if it's not empty click edit/clear all ) then paste in the script. Now go to the file tab and click save script to shelf, give it a name and choose Mel. Hopefully this is what you wanted.

ctxEditMode;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;
manipMoveValues Move;
toolPropertyShow;
dR_updateToolSettings;

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner