Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-12-2011 , 05:53 PM
Administrator

Funniest video of the week

# 2 08-12-2011 , 06:19 PM
Acid44
Thats hilarious, especially the switchblade part. Though not very surprising, people have a tendency to click "buy" without reading first user added image

# 3 08-12-2011 , 06:50 PM
EduSciVis-er
# 4 08-12-2011 , 07:10 PM
Lifetime Member
I suppose that should be flattering user added image

- Jake
# 5 09-12-2011 , 12:01 AM
Technical Director
I'm still demanding my tank.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 09-12-2011 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
what a crack up!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 09-12-2011 , 01:57 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL Im with you ND...wheres my f****** tank...bahahahaha

cheers bullet (I nearly peed my pants one that one ND).....

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 8 09-12-2011 , 12:19 PM
Noober than noob
Some looked pretty real, but some just seem to be given away by the lighting on them that they're not real such as the knife, it's too white and stainless for a reflective material. Or that truck, too unnatural color. The car's back has a white reflection that might give it away. Cones are too reflective and the egg decoration's golden flowers seemed a bit too strange for a real material.

The pool seemed the most realistic of them all, followed by the room with sofas but that TV again seems strange.

They also might just think it's an icon for what is on sale (not sure if websites of markets would put CGI objects to represent what they really are selling or they use the real thing, seeing as most of the products are over a white background).

What would be interesting: a test to see if humans can tell the difference between real pictures and CGI.

# 9 09-12-2011 , 02:21 PM
EduSciVis-er
https://area.autodesk.com/fakeorfoto

But obviously people who don't know the difference between a CG model store and a store selling physical objects aren't going to be looking closely at the lighting and texturing.

# 10 09-12-2011 , 03:10 PM
Noober than noob

https://area.autodesk.com/fakeorfoto

But obviously people who don't know the difference between a CG model store and a store selling physical objects aren't going to be looking closely at the lighting and texturing.

Yeah, though it's a good idea to at least check some info on it before buying.

Seems I can't tell some real-world photos from CGI though, but spotted all the CGI.
The ladybugs, frog and beer were real and yet I found them a bit artificial : the ladybugs seemed more like someone applied reflection with a map over them, the frog seemed too simple to be real + white background tricked me, and the beer had too many effects applied to it so I thought it was CGI lol.

What was easy to spot in the city/lake: Distance was blurry, as if intended that there is something there but details are not worth showing. Used in CGI.
Helicopter: too high reflectivity.
Stairs: strange lighting.
Chair: light and color reflection error?
Bathroom: The old "too bright to see outside the window" trick and too strange aspect of it.
Plane: Aside from high reflectivity, shadows aren't right and the motion blur or whatever effect on the propellers isn't convincing enough.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by SilverFeather; 09-12-2011 at 03:23 PM.