Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 14-03-2008 , 07:13 AM

hypershade and the "Shader Library"

Hello. I am on section 19 of "car Modeling" 3 DVD set by Kurt Boutilier.

I am using Maya 8.5 on a Precision 690, 2 MB Ram,

Kurt is using an earlier Maya version. His Hypershade has a Shader Library in the work area of his hypershade. Mine doesn't. I have copied the shader library in to my program files, but want to know if there is a way to create a shader library in my hypershade like he has?

I can create the tab, "Shader Library" but it isn't a shader library as his is.

Was the library faeture of the hypershade a feature on earlier Maya versions? Is there a way to retro fit my hypershade work area to have a shader library?

Any help as always is gratefully appreciated.

Tristan

# 2 14-03-2008 , 07:33 AM
Jr.Who
I think that's on the CD, under extras or something like that.

# 3 14-03-2008 , 10:09 AM
Hi. Not anywhere I could find on any of the 3 discs.

All of the shaders used in the tutorial are in the shader library that came with my Maya 8.5 CD and I have imported the individual shaders from there as needed.

How to custom build the shader library access directly in to the hypershade lke Mr Boutilier has-- that I am still hoping to learn.

It seems from what I have gleaned online that possibly in earlier versions of Maya the shader library was a part of the hypershade work area. Anyone know if that's true?

Tristan

# 4 14-03-2008 , 07:35 PM
Jr.Who
Oh, you already have it installed, but it isn't showing up? To tell you the truth, I remember installing it and it being there in the hypershade, but I might be wrong (it was a long time ago…).

# 5 14-03-2008 , 08:53 PM
yeah, my impression is that it was a regular part of the hypershade window on earlier Maya versions.

I want to know if anyone knows how to add it to the hypershade window in my version (8.5)

Anyone?

Tristan

# 6 15-03-2008 , 12:41 AM
Subscriber
why don't you send kurt a pm and get an answer directly from him? I think he might have the best input of the subject,

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 7 15-03-2008 , 01:07 AM
interesting idea. Anyone know his screen name on this site?

# 8 15-03-2008 , 01:12 AM
Subscriber

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 9 15-03-2008 , 01:14 AM
thanks