Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-07-2006 , 08:06 AM

redering with zbrush

I have recently acquired zbrush 2, and it is greatf for displacement maps etc, and adding even more details to the model. The only problem is regarding texturing. I understand that with projection master you can paint directly onto the model, and therfore you can get some good shading with the use of the wacom, but the thing is how do i then get a good render of this. Is it not possible at all to export this texture to maya? As I am not really confident with uv mapping within maya. It is much easier in zbrush to just paint directly.

So, all in all, I have my completed model in zbrush, I want it to be renderedf as it is in mental ray for example? Is this possible? If not then what is the point of appling textures and materials at all in zbrush?

# 2 10-07-2006 , 05:15 PM
you take the maps back out of zbrush and render them in Maya. You will need to apply the Zbrush map as you would any other displacement map.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB