Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-04-2006 , 09:25 PM

Pasting Keys

Hi,

I'm having problems pasting keys in the timeline. What I would like to specifically do is paste a key without shifting any of the subsequent keys.

I have gone to Edit > Keys > Paste Keys Options and tried selecting the 'merge' radio button, and all other combinations but this seems to have no effect. Every time I paste a key, the subsequent keys still shift.

I am using Maya 6.0 for the pc.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jo

# 2 05-04-2006 , 04:08 AM
Just copy and then paste. It works for me everytime..

It might be easier to learn how to use the dope sheet. It's really easy to see all of the keys at once and move all, some, or 1 key at a time just by selecting and dragging it wherever you want on the timeline. You can also do this in the graph editor by selecting a key then typing in a new frame number where you want that key to be. You can type in a new frame number in the dope sheet editor too but it's really easy to just drag it where you want it. In the graph editor, you can also drag keys around but when you do that you might also accidentally change their values. That will make more sense to you once you play with the graph editor... Those 2 animation editors are pretty easy to figure out and once you start working with them, you're life as an animator will never be the same. You'll wonder why you ever tried to move keys on the timeline and you'll probably never do it that way again.