Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-03-2006 , 04:39 PM

Rendering Shadows (Gi_Joe_Lights)

Hi,

I'm using Maya 6 for the pc.

When using GI Joe lights (dome), for some reason I cannot create shadows. Either, Ray Trace Shadows or Depth Map shadows simply do not seem to work.

From GI Joe I selected one bi-directional light, and set ray trace shadows 'on'. But still cannot see any shadows whilst rendering. I have rebooted my pc a few times.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Jo

# 2 19-03-2006 , 05:07 PM
hi and welcome to SimplyMaya

well, possibly, you could select them all and under the component editor manually turn all of their shadows to on (which would be eisier from the component editor cuz u can do a whole row at a time.)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 23-03-2006 , 05:58 AM
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Jo.

# 4 13-04-2006 , 04:21 PM
hey there!

Actually u may wanna keep the GI joe untouched.

U can create a directional or spot light which will be the key lite with high intensity say above .8 and then enable shadow only for this key light.
This way u will have a GI look with a key light thats casts shadows.

Hope this helps!