Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 21-09-2006 , 12:52 PM
Well im also workign with other programs as well, such as Microsoft visual basic .NET, microsoft visual basic 6.0, Adobe, photoshiop CS2, adobe photoshop 7.0 Jasc paintsho pro 8 wings 3D , Game maker, and more to make any sort of games and such... and im learnning how to use them and ihave over 5 MASSIV books to read..

# 32 21-09-2006 , 12:57 PM
So, you're gonna be a programmer too maybe?
Well, most of the programs work with most 3d modeling programs.
VB works with programming.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 33 21-09-2006 , 02:06 PM
isnt there a way to build a program to intagrater something? im going all out because im doing this on behalf of all the PC games out there today heh

# 34 21-09-2006 , 07:40 PM
Ok, slow down there. There are programs that'll let you put 3d models into programs to do stuff with them, but you might wanna learn some modeling first, or there'll be nothing to integrate.
Here are some programs I know of:

Poser
Vertools
Flash Mx (2d animation)
Motion Builder

Some of the programs let you make movies, animations, or even games. All trials are downloadable.user added image

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

# 35 21-09-2006 , 08:12 PM
Cool thanks echo,

Other Text has been edited because i found my other thread...

Last edited by Christen20; 21-09-2006 at 08:31 PM.
# 36 02-10-2006 , 06:50 AM
It sounds like you are off to a start with a fatal ending. I have used several different modsofts (3DS, Autodesk,FormZ) and Maya is very well advanced compared to these. If your pissed now, just wait. Need to learn with training wheels first otherwise your going to crash over and over.

There is an arbitor over this site and foul language will get your threads deleted. Just so everyones calm and in there happy place...

# 37 04-10-2006 , 03:30 AM
Good point. I kinda jumped into maya, and find myself backtracking cuz I missed a lot. Maybe Paint is a good start lol.

# 38 04-10-2006 , 10:36 PM
Indeed