Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 31 08-06-2003 , 05:19 PM
yes.. they will have to mind there step user added image.. lol no its like.. an equipment bay.. im gona do alot of stuff coming out of there hopefully.. maybe not though.. we will see we will see, i may re-make the engines on the back now and have some funky side thrusters

FX supervisor - double negative
# 32 08-06-2003 , 07:53 PM
I really like the use of all of your Nurbs Tubes. I do that all of the time, looks great and adds alot of visual detail. Nice work! Looking forward to seeing more,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 33 08-06-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
Nice work Laurie...

Kühl
# 34 10-06-2003 , 03:41 PM
need a little help with my project, 1. how are you guys rendering you final stuff GI JOE? or is there a better way? also.. shading and surfacing, how to do it well? and the last thing is how do i scale the size of my paint FX.. when i paint over my terrain there tiny... and of course when i scale them there not over the surface any more.?? pls help

# 35 10-06-2003 , 03:51 PM
Don't have to much time, but when you go to your visor and choose your brush, before youstart painting, hit
Ctrl + B (for Brush) here you can change your scale and stuff of paint effects. Hope this helps,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 36 11-06-2003 , 10:18 AM
ok here is how the surfacing is going so far, i did some basic glow fx and shading networks to start it off, im not going to go to deep into texturing and shading on this project cos otherwise if i spend to long on it ill get bored :p: crits and comments please, its got GI and one direct light that affects spec for the sun. credit goes to Cali ( i used the shading network you used on your new car ) i tried to do a frensel affect on the wind screen but it didnt go quite to plan.. tell me if this is right please: i connect sample info nodes facing ratio channel to the U ramp of a ramp texture which is attatched to the specular color of my blinn?

anyway here is what i have done, its not much since ive had exams, i sitll have to connect the tracks to the main body but thats around it: This will have to be final, sorry guys didn thave time: FINAL RENDER

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by LauriePriest; 01-07-2003 at 12:00 AM.
# 37 11-06-2003 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
that looks really cool. maybe turn the glow of the lamps a bit down?

# 38 12-06-2003 , 01:32 AM
Subscriber
oh no! This is great, now i won't win, hehe. Keep it up man and i think you will beat me.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 39 12-06-2003 , 07:01 AM
this only looks good cos of two things... (shading tutorials at boris3d.com not that good but enough, one at alias wavefront showed me the frensel technique)

# 40 12-06-2003 , 10:09 PM
i have a couple of issues that will mean i may not be posting updates for a bit:
1. my current system is lagging big time cos some hardware messed up so im trying to fix it for short term so i can carry on with the project
2. i have ordered a nice new 1.6 ghz machine with lots of ddr RAM but i dont know when its coming just yet =(

-Laurie

# 41 12-06-2003 , 11:31 PM
Subscriber
I hope you are up and running soon, that render looks sweet.

# 42 13-06-2003 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
i was referring to you're MODEL, i really hope you get the new comp in time to beat me, by then i will be a portion into texturing.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 43 13-06-2003 , 07:02 AM
lol, thanks vector, so do i =S

# 44 26-06-2003 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber
Any luck laurie? I wouldn't want to have to WIN now would i?

# 45 26-06-2003 , 06:26 PM
im gona try do somthing this evening, im going to use shaders instead of textures so the render wont be that nice but im gona do some terrain to hopefully