Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 12-05-2018 , 09:55 AM

UV sets not showing in Maya 2018 UV editor

I have used UVs perfectly fine in the past with this Maya project which I'm working on. But Maya is being very confusing. The UVs of pretty much every model is not showing up in UV editor, some reappear if I zoom out but if I pan or zoom in they disappear many don't seem to show up at all. Sometimes when I open Maya they temporarily fully work but after a few seconds/minutes, they just disappear again. The textures are still showing through correctly and the red highlight of faces still show when the mouse cursor overlays the UV face.

But this makes organizing UVs of an object which is yet to be textured virtually impossible.

I'm fairly new to UVs and haven't done too much troubleshooting as of yet. I have updated my GPU driver and have done the typical system restart.

I'm fairly certain hardware isn't causing this as everything else works fine and that the problem seemed to occur rather suddenly
System Specs
I7 6700K
GTX 1080
32GB DDR4
2TB HDD
480GB SSD

The issue seems to occur if I turn on textures in viewport 2.0. if I turn them off the issue stays.

could really appreciate some help. This is for college so has deadlines, nothing too soon but I'm currently stranded with this problem.

Last edited by daniel evans; 12-05-2018 at 10:16 AM.