Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 15-12-2004 , 11:30 PM

Video Tutorials

Hi guys
does anyone know where i can get a video tutorial explaining how i can make an ocean in Maya

# 2 17-12-2004 , 01:58 PM
Subscriber
if you have Maya Unlimited, there's an Ocean shader you can use, though just saying "Ocean" could mean a lot of things..

do you mean an ocean surface only (for that the above would be nice), or do you mean a complete ocean that you can dive into and make it look like you're underwater...?

the latter can be very complicated, but that's where a tutorial could come in of course.. without more info it's hard to know what you need user added image

ps/ there's another thread somewhere around here that dealt with something like that not too long ago

# 3 19-12-2004 , 03:10 PM

Video Tutorial

Mixx Thanks for your reply a surface ocean would be ok but I dont know what a shader is or how to create a moving ocean surface with it. again my thanks for taking the time to reply. Tom

# 4 19-12-2004 , 04:37 PM
Subscriber
Open the visor window (think it's under general editors) and you'll find a prebuilt ocean you can tweak in there.

Don't know any tuts though, sorry. user added image