Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-09-2007 , 04:08 PM

Fat cop character!

Well, this is the second thing I have ever sat down and modelled in 3D. I'm really pleased with it, since I'm not that good at drawing and very new to Maya (totally botched my last 3D animation assignment and ended up almost fully 2D).

Any life drawers here with some cartoon experience? I feel like the legs could be more stubby and the belly lacks physics. By that I mean it should droop more...

Anyway, what do you guys think?

user added image

'Sup Jono.
# 2 01-09-2007 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
Not bad if your new to Maya, however I think the arms need the most work as the forearms are far to large in comparison to the hands.

The belly drooping a bit more could certainly add the the model, is he nurbs, polys, subd's or a mix of them?

Chris

# 3 02-09-2007 , 09:23 AM
I think you're right about the belly, it definatly lacks flab and looks too rigid. I'm quite pleased with the gorilla and cartoony proportions of the arms, since I'm not going for anything too realistic. Thankfully this is only a smoothed version, so I can fix that. Do you think he could have shorter legs? I'm basing this style off the ads for the 'V' Energy drink.

Link:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0xxJUVGLemM

'Sup Jono.
# 4 02-09-2007 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber
Ya, to add a bit more style to him. shorter legs could defiantly help, along with a droopier belly it could look pretty good.

Chris