Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-02-2008 , 05:41 AM

PSD networks

Anyone know how to stop a psd network being projected onto both sides of a model? I have a body I have projected a couple of things onto, but they appear on the front and back when i only want it on the front.

# 2 24-02-2008 , 03:12 AM
a face allways shows texture on both sides. you can either add a second plane of same size with normlas pointing in the opposite direction and make the planes single-sided, or you make the first plane singlesided but then it is just invisible from the back.

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 3 24-02-2008 , 07:08 PM
Can you advise a dumb arse how to do that?

Thanks

# 4 25-02-2008 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber
I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but if you have relatively simple faces, go to your select face tool and select the back face. Then add a new material to it. I think that will override the PSD network.

# 5 25-02-2008 , 11:46 PM
yeah thats what i've ended up doing, but obviously thats not ideal.

# 6 26-02-2008 , 12:39 AM
Hi,

when you say a body, do you mean a character? If so you're probably not seeing it on both sides of the same face, but on the front and back (different faces)?

Isf so, you could convert the projection to a file texture, then remove it from the area you don't want it in the file... have you uv mapped the character?

search the help files on "convert to file",
cheers

gubar