Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-10-2004 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber

October / November- Noob - Elemenopee

Wow i havn't posted around here for a long time....or even done much of any 3d for that matter. Which is why i'm gonna join this comp help me get back into maya...especially since it'll help me out in the classes i'm taking here in college (although they don't start till next quarter user added image)

Anyways here is what i'm thinking of doing for this competition. There'll be a window of a house. On the window pressed against it will be a bloody hand with blood streaks starting at the top and following down to the hand. Then inside the house or basement not sure yet will be a single ceiling lamp thats on casting some sort of creepy shadow in the background...horror is all about what isn't seen than what is right? so hence the simplified approach user added image

Heres a really horrible mockup i did in ms paint since i don't have a scanner of any sort.

Attached Images

The only constant is change...
# 2 01-10-2004 , 10:06 PM
is it bad that you draw better in paint then i do by hand?user added image haha

anyways, i like the idea... but if its possible i think you should add the killers reflection in the window.. whether it be monster or just a man with a demented look on his face i think that would be pretty cool

AIM: Psuedo Realizm
# 3 01-10-2004 , 11:41 PM
Subscriber
hmm thats got me thinking. To be able to see the killers reflection he would need to be on the outside of the house...which doesn't make sense since the victim would probably already be down on the ground. But why not have the view from inside of the basement...that way seeing the killers reflection would in fact make sense. Plus that would allow for more use of lighting and atmosphere since it it wouldn't be outside looking in...but inside looking out.

Ok so yeah i'll definitely do that

o and thanks for the compliment on my paint skills....i think user added image

# 4 02-10-2004 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
I like the idea of the 2nd verstion my self. much more. looking forward to it.

# 5 02-10-2004 , 07:08 AM
Good luck! (PS: don't you dare to send the killer towards me user added image:p)

# 6 02-10-2004 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
for the hand what would be the better way to model it? Do it flat then use some deformers to change the way it looks...or model it in an already tensed state?

# 7 02-10-2004 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
dirack don't worry it he won't hurt you....too much user added image

# 8 03-10-2004 , 12:15 AM
Subscriber
Great concept. You're right about what isn't seen is the most scary for sure. I think I've seen every zombie / splatter movie there is in my youth and I don't find them scary. The Silent Hill games and Jacob's Ladder on the other hand is perhaps the most psychologically demanding pieces of work I've ever experienced.
Cherub faced children with no facial expression or wearing sick masks is really disturbing to me coz it looks so wrong hehe.

Can highly recommend the Silent Hill series this time of year. Rain and wind whippin the windows, turn down the lights, crank up the volume, and have a spare pair of pants nearby.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 9 04-12-2005 , 11:37 AM

who can speak Chinese ?

I am a Chinese ,who can speak Chinese ?

ÖйúÈË