Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-08-2005 , 12:03 PM

diffuse mapping

A site, wich explain how to create a globe in 3dmax, were said you have to usw diffusemap to mix 2 texture on one mesh and randomize then so that seas etc and a big landscape were created.

how can i do that in maya? (i think maya can do this randomiasaiton between to textures too...

# 2 07-09-2005 , 10:17 AM
Subscriber
Hi mate.
Im pretty sure diffuse map in max, is the same as the colour map in maya.
Theres heaps of differnt ways you could do this, but since you mentioned layers, heres one way to do it.
Right click on your object, and go to materials, assign new material, lambert. Then next to your colour you will see a checkered box. Click that and go to layered texture.
Now you will see a green square. This is your first layer. And your object should now turn green.
Now click on the checkered box again opposite colour.
Then click on noise.
This will now add a black and white random (noise) to your object. So this could be your mountains or what ever.
now click on the arrow shape, next to the presets button. This will take you back to the orginal place where you added the layer.
Click on next to your blue node, and another layer will apear. You can add the colour (file) that you would like.
All you have to do now is play with the alpha setting there to get the to layers to blend.

This is the long way of doing it. You could have done this in about 3 steps, but you did say layers, so that was a layer for you user added image

Hope i didnt crap on to much

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.