Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 13-05-2006 , 04:13 AM
I fiddled with z-brush for a while but it's hard for me to wrap my brain around more then one programming interface. I probably only use 2% of the features in Maya.

I tried to use maya and 3dmax for a while and ended up unlearning both packages, because my brain started mixing up the keyboard commands to the point I could not use either package efficiently so I just switched back to Maya and Maya only.

That being said the Photoshop or Sketchbook -> Maya -> Z-Brush -> Maya -> 3DPaint/Photoshop pipeline is sticll incredibly powerful.

I wish I had the brain memory space and time to learn to use them all. As it is I have been using most of them for a while and have barely made a dent in understanding their full capabilities.

# 17 13-05-2006 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber
just have comfort in knowing that that is not uncommon, just earlier this weak, my wife had to calm me down because i almost threw my computer out the window. All because i got my zbrush and maya commands mixed up. even to this day i find myself doing something stupid like; holding the alt key to zoom in and out in photoshop or illustrator... (just so you kinow, thats a maya command).

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 18 13-05-2006 , 02:17 PM
yeah, I do that all the time, the miz up things

Unfortunatly- all I can afford is 3ds Max, Maya, and Silo (silo being $105, Maya about $250 a year for license, and 3ds Max about $220 a year). If I could afford ZBrush I would get it.

Like, the reson I am obsessed with Indigo Renderer is because I can't afford $1000 for maxwell (remember guys, im 13)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 19 13-05-2006 , 02:38 PM
Subscriber
looking good

zbrush price is vwery good!

also wen u add detail in zbrush does it actulay do it ie makin it have a higher poly coult or doest it made a normal or displacement map or somethin like that

thx

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 20 13-05-2006 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
thats the beauty of it, you can pick displacements, normals or poly when you go to maya , but take note, maya CAN NOT handle all the poly's that zbrush can. this model will be exported to maya in low poly and then ill let zbrush create the displacement map for me. All the detail and none of the poly.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 21 10-09-2006 , 05:25 AM
Subscriber
Ok, back to this project, had to finish a big job sorry about the wait guys. Work is Work.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>