Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-12-2010 , 03:21 PM

Vertex going crazy in "Paint skin weights tool"

Hi all! And Merry Christmas!
I have the trial version of maya so I wanted to try as many things I can in this 30 days. Right now I'm working on animation and I have a big problem.
I created my character, rigged it, and skinned it. Now I'm trying to Pain the skin weights but there are some vertices that just go insane whenever I try to unlink them to a specific joint. It happens to some vertex with some bones around the whole rig. Any idea of what it could be? It's pretty frustrating!

thanks in advance!

Joni

Picture very releated user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 23-12-2010 , 03:59 PM
Btw, here's the very first test clip for my really short animation. It's the other character, I'd like some comments and critics on the animation (not lightin, I didn't work on that yet)
thanks
YouTube - 19 Test

# 3 23-12-2010 , 04:38 PM
EduSciVis-er
There's an editor, I think it's called the Contribution editor, or spreadsheet. That will tell you which bones are influencing certain vertices. Try selecting that funny vertex, and opening the editor, and you will be able to see where the weights are. You can edit them in there, so you could hit 0 for a bone that you don't want it to be influenced by. Hope that helps.

# 4 19-01-2011 , 01:46 PM
I have the same problem..
Have you figured it out yet?

I've searched for the Contribution editor or spreadsheet and all I could find was the attribute spread sheet. But I don't know what i'm supposed to do in this editor.

When I select the crazy vertex, and pressing 'all' in the editor i'm getting this:

Caching Node State Envelope Relative Tweak
tweak6 | off | normal | 1 | on |