Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 28-05-2004 , 08:37 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 17 03-06-2004 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber

new update!

ok new update!!!

I worked a bit on the hand of her and turned out good I think...

If you guys can giv' it some serieus c&c I'll be more than happy user added image

btw...now Im going further with the head...will updat as soon I have a start...

Attached Thumbnails

# 18 03-06-2004 , 09:53 AM
Subscriber
and no......my favourite colour is not ORANGE user added image

# 19 03-06-2004 , 12:25 PM
Hey ransick, I think the hand looks very good, especially the nails, they are very smooth. The only sugestion I could find is that I think the knuckles look like they come to a point rather than being rounded.

It's funny we are both around the same point on our female models. Although you are going faster than me and I think your head looks a lot better. I wonder who will be hotter when this is all done, perhaps a simplymaya beauty contest. user added image

Looking forward to seeing more.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 03-06-2004 , 12:32 PM
Subscriber
Yes very nice hand indeed, but also I think the middle rinkles on the bottom of the fingers look a little to deep

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 21 03-06-2004 , 12:35 PM
fine work user added image tho the knuckles on the fingers are too sharp user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 22 03-06-2004 , 01:20 PM
Subscriber
to all:

hmm just what I expected....and that is also want I want to ask now....

...will this not be just fine and when I arriving the texturing part that I can use bump maps ? 'cause it will need still a lot more detail but my idea was to use bumps for that ?

- is that a wise desition?

to contrast:

hey contrast..how life man..
We could definately do a sm contest user added image...just for the fun of it...
will motivate both much more user added image
I don't have much time now and not that skilled yet to complete this at the moment but I consider this as my learning project...
So we'll keep checkin' each others project.. user added image
catch ya later dude

to RubberChicken:

I will have a look at the rinkles... thnkz for pointing out to me user added image

to caligraphics:

well I do think I need to adjust those knuckles for a more smoother and rounder look...

# 23 03-06-2004 , 02:45 PM
Ransick

Of course you can use Bump maps, there are no rules, it just depends how much detail you want for your end result. I have done both before. Also it depend s on how much time you want to spend on mapping, you know photo real, cartoony or stylized

Just a bit of pre planning thats all really

I hope this helps

Jango

# 24 03-06-2004 , 03:27 PM
eej it's looking good user added image, but I agree on the knockles thing user added image But i''m sure u can handle it user added image keep going!!!!

Btw were my hands useful as example? user added image

-- Maya --
Pentium 4, Radeon 9800 Pro,
1,00 Ghz, 17 inch TFT
# 25 03-06-2004 , 04:07 PM
Subscriber
haha Yes maya how can I forget!

Ladies and Gentleman!
I present Maya (yes...her name is really maya) to you all!
see helped me with the hand... I used here hand as livin' reference user added image ...btw ...will update soon with better knockles user added image

# 26 03-06-2004 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Jango!
let me tell you what my idea is...

- I want eventually to finish with a photoreal 3d babe user added image

haha...lol...haha .. well the reason why Im laughing is b/c Im not that skilled yet..
I want to finish a project for ones and at the same time learn everything like model,texture,render,animate...everything!
I don't have a time set I want to finish it.. I hope it will be in a year atleast orso user added image it is just the question howmuch time I need to learn it all..

thanks all for supporting me user added image your doin' a great job!

# 27 03-06-2004 , 07:07 PM
Hey Ransick

Thats really good, taking time instead of rushing stuff. Alot of people jump in way too deep with this sort of thing before they have even got a grasp of anything.

I found a render of a head I made at work a year ago and compared it to what I'm doing now, it looked hideous!!! Give it time and you'll get there. Aim high!!!

Jango

# 28 03-06-2004 , 07:17 PM
Good stuff man! Good luck in getting where you want! Some wrinkles on the top of the knuckles will make the hand look alot better. You could do this with a bump or displacment map tho.
Keep it up!

# 29 03-06-2004 , 08:16 PM
Subscriber
hey Jango ...how are ya..
...im modeling for a couple of months now and if I would compare this hand with my first (project) hand than I see I made some progress...user added image well that's good to know that we all grow step by step...
aiming it high my friend...reaaaaaal high user added image

wzzup DrRobonik... I think Im going to try to bumpmap it...didn't do that before but I think that it will do user added image Its funny that we all have around the same amount of post... ej DrRobotnik...I see you are here from march 04...how long are you modeling with maya ? may I ask ?

thanks for your support guys !
keep it cool user added image

# 30 04-06-2004 , 05:45 AM
Lifetime Member
getting better all the time ..looking forward to the end result ..
Keep it up dude .user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner