Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-06-2005 , 12:58 AM

Video Card question

I bought a $70 nvidia video card so I can have a better video card and also have multiple monitors. When I put the hardware in, it works and everything but Maya goes WAAYY too slow. The video card that came with my computer obviously isnt as nice as the new one, but when I take the new one out, Maya flys.
Whats the deal? How can I have my new card in and have Maya go just as fast as it did before?

If it is the video card's problem, any suggestions, or ideas for a new video card in a reasonable price range that can have multiple monitor hook up and run Maya well?

ANY HELP would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!!

# 2 15-06-2005 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
Video card make/model?

Do you have the latest drivers? Are there Maya specific drivers available?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 15-06-2005 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
set your OGL to single view mode in the options.
your card may not support OGL on both monitors.

# 4 17-06-2005 , 12:26 PM
The make/model is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128 mb PCI.

I will look for drivers.

What is OGL and how do I set it? Any help would be great. Thank you so much guys.

# 5 18-06-2005 , 12:00 AM
OpenGL is DirectX's big competitor... if your card doesn't support it on both monitors you're kind screwed... it might though.