Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 15-01-2007 , 02:32 PM
Subscriber

Hidden Messages

Hello folks,

I'm sure that there are loads of people out there that already know this but I thought I'd mention it anyway as it's quite interesting.

The Caeser Shift code is the simplest cipher, basically A=B, B=C, C=D and so on until you reach the the end where Z=A.

The Psychotic computer in Arthur C Clarke's 2001 A Space Odyssey was called HAL.

Neat hidden message Mr Clarke!!

If anyone knows of any other cool code type things or hidden messages in literature then this would be the place to put them.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 2 15-01-2007 , 06:31 PM
cool hidden message. user added image

Ok, here's one: On his single 'Windowlicker', Aphex Twin hides an image of his own face on the second track 'Formula / Symbol'.

Here's a quote from wikipedia-

'Viewing a spectrogram of the second track reveals hidden images that were apparently synthesized as sound by Aphex Twin for the express purpose of being discovered in this manner. It is one of the few instances of an artist using steganography to embed a representation of his own face into his music (see also these artists: Interlace - Innuendo, Venetian Snares - Songs about my cats). A spectrogram of the first track, "Windowlicker", also reveals a spiral at the end of the song. This spiral is more impressive when viewed with an X-Y scatter graph, X and Y being the amplitudes of the L and R channels, which shows expanding and contracting concentric circles and spirals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowlicker

# 3 15-01-2007 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
That's prety mental arran,

have you got any images of this or links to software to find or even make images in the sound.

Totally cool idea though, hiding complete images in a music track, beats the be-jeezus out of playing some satanic message backwards!!

cheers,

Mat.

# 4 15-01-2007 , 07:16 PM
yeah - just click the wikipedia link and it explains the process. The software used is called metasynth and the article mentions a couple of other programs that do the same thing.

And here is another article with more images.

https://www.bastwood.com/aphex.php

user added image

# 5 16-01-2007 , 12:31 AM
19 year Veteran
Ok...that was wierd. Thanks for the links guys, that was an intresting read.user added image

# 6 16-01-2007 , 02:36 AM
Nice one arran and Mat, one funny one is.

"Whats the thing with people drinking Evian bottled water thinking its doing them good??

Spell Evian backwards.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 16-01-2007 , 02:46 AM
Subscriber
That's really interesting arran,

I might have a go at that myself some day.

Steve, it's funny that these things are around us day to day but you don't even notice them until they're pointed out to you!!

Cheers,

Mat.

# 8 16-01-2007 , 11:32 AM
Subscriber
Reality Bites!!

That's where I've heard the evian thing before!! I swear that's been bugging me all day!!

ANyway, I had a shot at the spectrograph stuff and you get some pretty cool sounds through it, very 1950's Sci-Fi.

CHECK THIS OUT

That sound is the fruits of literally minutes of hard labour!! It makes this image, I always wondered how I sounded!!

Cheers,

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 16-01-2007 , 11:37 AM
makes ya wonder how it would sound inverted...

Accept no substitutions.
# 10 16-01-2007 , 11:55 AM
Subscriber
Hey there NeoStrider,

I tried reversing the sound and it doesn't sound much different to be honest. When you run it through the spectograph the image is reversed too.

I promise that I didn't just flip the image!!

Mat.

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 16-01-2007 , 03:55 PM
oh apologies, i meant inverting the image... assuming you can just insert an image, make the text the bright part and the 'background' the dark... make sense? so if we were hearing the text then instead we'd be hearing the background of the text (or vice versa, from what it looks like)

Accept no substitutions.
# 12 16-01-2007 , 04:09 PM
ha ha! very cool happymat27 - after seeing your results I am definately going to have to have a play with that.
user added image

# 13 21-01-2007 , 11:07 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by arran
cool hidden message. user added image

Ok, here's one: On his single 'Windowlicker', Aphex Twin hides an image of his own face on the second track 'Formula / Symbol'.

aphex twin rocks im listening to come to daddy right now!!!

if i find any little codes like thiese ill post em upuser added image

didnt know anyone else aroun here knew of aphex twin...

# 14 02-02-2007 , 03:49 AM
Subscriber
Thats confusing mat, ived got a headache now :|