Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 08-06-2005 , 07:10 PM

may to unreal ed quick question

hello

i remember reading that there is a certain number of polygon faces u can have on a model and if u go over u cant import it or it wont work . i have been searching the net but i cani find anything about it.

maybe i imagined it i have posted on other forums but have had no luck.

niceone

Dragon013

# 2 08-06-2005 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
Have you tried the Unreal modelling forum at
https://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=346

Unless someone here has a lot if UT knowledge, you probably wont get an answer here either.. Im only just starting to look at doing models for UT2004 but I dont know the answer either sorry.

Last edited by uberstonks; 09-06-2005 at 12:13 AM.
# 3 09-06-2005 , 09:27 AM

nice one

nice one

forgot about them they should know. i got some models in unreal ed and working need to learm more on coding the fire but i am slowing working stuff out .

just found this

https://udn.epicgames.com/Two/UnrealModeling

looking at that im thinking the lower the better frame rate u have ingame so i recon 4000 or less should do it.

and maya noob question to finish in my perspective window i cant straighten it up. its stuck on the same kinda angle i can still move about but its still on that angle.

user added image

niceone

Dragon013

Last edited by Dragon013; 09-06-2005 at 10:36 AM.
# 4 09-06-2005 , 10:26 PM
Subscriber

try out 3dbuzz

Hi,

You also might want to try out 3dbuzz.com. They have a special for Unreal, I believe.

Drought

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison
# 5 09-06-2005 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber

Re: nice one

Originally posted by Dragon013
and maya noob question to finish in my perspective window i cant straighten it up. its stuck on the same kinda angle i can still move about but its still on that angle.

Are you talking about the model being on an angle or the camera is on an angle ?

If its the camera, then just go into the camera atributes
(Just below the shelf select the "View" menu, then the "Camera attribute settings")
look to see if the "Film roll value" has been changed. It should be set to zero

Hmm a Jedi fighter in Ut2004.. cool.. Keep me posted as to how you get on bud..

# 6 09-06-2005 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber

Re: nice one

Originally posted by Dragon013

Are you talking about the model being on an angle or the camera is on an angle ?

If its the camera, then just go into the camera atributes
(Just below the shelf select the "View" menu, then the "Camera attribute settings")
look to see if the "Film roll value" has been changed. It should be set to zero

Hmm a Jedi fighter in Ut2004.. cool.. Keep me posted as to how you get on bud..