Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 31 16-01-2006 , 12:06 AM

# 32 16-01-2006 , 12:09 PM
wowsers, that is coming to life user added image
great work on the pores and wrinkles!

I got to get me zbrush at some point...

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 33 17-01-2006 , 04:28 PM
NICE! :bow: :bow:

# 34 18-01-2006 , 01:20 AM

# 35 18-01-2006 , 04:04 AM
Isn't Zbrush fun to texture with! I love using Projection Master. Once you get used to it you begin to feel as if you can do anything. This will look awesome rendered in Maya! The only crit I have is the stretching on the forehead ... but I'm not sure this will matter once you create the hair and the model is fully lit and rendered.

Nice work!

Dave

# 36 18-01-2006 , 08:27 AM
Best part of texturing with Zbrush is the Zapplink plugin user added image

Very nice model, tho more a Zbrush model than a Maya, but still very nice - and in my world, all that matters is the end result, not the tools.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 37 18-01-2006 , 09:04 AM
I think the eyebrows could do with a little more work as they look a little flat in the middle (unless you are going to add hair over them)

can't wait to see a render! user added image

www.flash-fx.net
# 38 18-01-2006 , 01:47 PM
excellent work jramauri. This is really beginning to look like bjork. The only thing that I am not sure about is the colour of the lips, which seems a little strong, but I guess that is a matter of taste. Your project is really coming together.

# 39 18-01-2006 , 03:19 PM
model looks sweet how did you make those pores?
o n sry but who is bjork, ive never heard of her.

# 40 18-01-2006 , 03:50 PM
swankymonkey - Yeah Dave, PM is a really powerful tool, and very cool to use it. It's like if you're doing a painting with your 3d model, very very cool. About the stretch, I didn't care about it when I made the UV layout, because I already knew I would paint in ZBrush and Photoshop at same time, so it wouldn't be a problem. And hair would cover it,even if I couldnt fix it. But I fixed it today.

t1ck135 - I noticed the problem with eyebrows when I woke up this morning, and looked at me in the bathroom mirror. user added image Its fixed too.

caligraphics - I think the same way. Doesn't matter the tools,what really matters is the final look. And even if somebody here doesn't like the use o ZBrush... Sorry, but ZBrush it's a so powerful tool that nobody can avoid it anymore. It came to stay.

arran - Thanks, dude. I'm not sure about the colours, because I have a million of pictures of Bjork, and she looks different in every one. When I choose a final still, I'll give her the correct hues.

jhubbard - Bjork is my favorite singer. She's from Iceland, and isn't the most known person in the world. But if you search in Google, will find tons of things about her. About the pores, they were made on ZBrush, using Simple brush, spray, dots and freehand strokes, and some customized alphas. The wrinckles were made using Deco brush.

# 41 18-01-2006 , 04:56 PM
Subscriber
i think the wrinkles are too strong. make them more subtle.
also something is just keeping this model from being great... i cant quite put my finger on it; but from my point of view, i think she just looks too stiff and rigid. and the ears could use some work still.
there's still over a month and a half for this challenge. i think you have plenty of time to touch things up. no need to rush.

# 42 19-01-2006 , 11:37 AM
vladimirjp - Don't worry, dude, I'm not rushing. To be honest, I didn't touched the ears and neck yet, just modeled their overall shapes. I know my model deserves much work yet. I agree about the wrinckles and about the stiffness. I'm trying to fix this things slowly, since ZBrush gives me this ability. This is the first time I'm doing a realistic model in 3D, so I'm not really worried if it will be perfect. To be honest, my main goal joining this challenges is the learning I achieve (but I got to admit U$ 400,00 it would be a great thing too!). Thanks for your help. Your lizard it's getting great too! user added image

# 43 20-01-2006 , 01:51 PM

# 44 20-01-2006 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
Yeah J, a killing update :bow:

I like so much this orange-skin which is really hers.
Great fidelity so far,can't wait for the final hahaha.

I allow my noobie anatomy knowledge though to raise 2(3) little details bothering me user added image

First of these is about nostrils and linked-lips (:blush: , sorry i mean the two lines "linking" the upper lips to her beautifull nose user added image). As we can see on this first image you posted : https://www.amauriilustra.com.br/CGTalk/Bjork_04.jpg , upper-left and lower-right refs show clearly how these lines are connecting to central nostril. They intend to vanish long this main central nostril in place of crossing the notrils holes, as it seems on rendering up here.
Hopin i'm clear enough. user added image

Another tiny point (but your model is so close to ref it deserves the point user added image) is about the place people talking too much get white stuff (extreme left and right lips). I'm not sure they should be so deep. One of your refs show them deep and dull, but it's only cause of the lighting. Well, not sure, you know her lot more better than i do user added image

Well, this is all amazing to me I repeat hehehe.
The crimson red, Loreal or else can't get one like this i'm sure :attn: , very nice.

# 45 20-01-2006 , 10:11 PM
the eyebrows have improved jramauri, they are looking less painted on and more realistic now user added image

I think the nose looks a little strange because you'd expect shadows in the nostrils. I'm sure that will change when you get round to texturing them or making them go further up into the nose user added image

I think I see what Pyrus means with the lines from the middle of the upper lip to the septum but it is only a minimal thing that some minor tweaking would sort

keep it up, I can't wait to see bjork in all her glory (ooer) user added image

www.flash-fx.net