Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 22-09-2002 , 06:30 AM

Attaching

Been workin on a character and trying to attach both feet. But when I hit attach the legs kind of collapse and square off on one and the other attach's at the wrong points. I made the faces the same and such but no luck any help would be great.........

# 2 22-09-2002 , 04:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
how about a screenshot?

# 3 23-09-2002 , 10:09 PM
Oowhaaa, I fixed most of it. Now I'm at a point where on one leg the forward vertices are connected but not the back two. Cause when I go to do anything with that area the seam seperates. Any help would be great.

# 4 23-09-2002 , 10:34 PM
Its a little small but first time for fcheck as well. user added image

# 5 29-09-2002 , 09:09 AM
I see a person is ****ed here also if ya dont have money..........

# 6 29-09-2002 , 04:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Sorry you feel that way. I couldn't tell what was happening in your screenshot, so I figured I'd let someone else help you... looks like possibly the others couldn't tell as well... Are you using polys? Nurbs? Sub-Ds? Have you checked your normals?

We always try to help when we can... user added image

# 7 29-09-2002 , 04:40 PM
Kevin
send up the .mb and we will make sure it gets looked at... but please mate be a little patient! sometimes we do miss posts or just dont have time...

there isn't many questions on this board that go un-answered ...from people who DONT pay!