Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-11-2013 , 03:47 PM
EduSciVis-er

Small Annoying Things

I don't know how many people are aware of this, but Maya has a forum dedicated to people suggesting and voting on Small Annoying Things in Maya.

https://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/for...-in-maya-forum

You have 20 votes when you sign in with your Autodesk ID. Just thought that could use some exposure here and we can use our voice to help improve Maya in future releases.

Small Annoying Things fixed for Maya 2014 can be found here:
https://mayafeedback.autodesk.com/for.../status/699758

Autodesk isn't always the best for listening to customers, but I think this system is showing some good results already.

# 2 16-11-2013 , 06:04 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Looking at the list of what has been done already, this system seems great and is quite surprising coming from Autodesk; although the bigger surprise is that I can't think of anything annoying about Maya of the top of my head...

# 3 27-11-2013 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
Seems like a really nice idea!

I can't think of anything annoying, but the project always being marked as dirty is just odd. Not annoying, but really odd.

I haven't touched Maya for a long long time, I forgot there was a 2014 one... I'm so out of touch...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 27-11-2013 , 08:25 PM
EduSciVis-er
What do you mean the project is marked as dirty?

# 5 27-11-2013 , 08:36 PM
Subscriber
dirty means the document needs to be saved because there are changes.

You save the project and it still asks if you want to save even though you haven't done anything.

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 27-11-2013 , 09:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
Oh yeah, that is annoying...

# 7 28-11-2013 , 05:05 AM
How about

1. FIX NURBS (see rhino, inventor, solid works, oh and the dam package that Maya's nurbs tools were taken from ... alias (formly studio tools) - nurbs work correctly in these packages why can't they fix them in Maya?).

2. Take a look at the Cinema 15 and hire the guy that did their bevel tool it's insanely good! It's literally one step away from - select the entire model and click bevel - done! lol

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675