Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-06-2015 , 05:45 AM

Set defaul viewport and interactive creation in maya 2016

Hi guys! I just switch to maya 2016 and i have 2 questions.
Is possible set the legacy viewport as the default, this because i have an old machine and in every new scene i have to switch to the legacy viewport every time.

The second question i have is this. The interactive cretion for polygons is no longer working as usual? Because i have turn on and just click in the cube mesh button and a cube appear in the center of the grid!
Or how work this?

Well those are my questions, any help is welcome and thanks!

Greetings

# 2 01-06-2015 , 09:45 AM
Lifetime Member
If you go to the Windows tab under the Settings/preferences click on Preferences and then UI Elements, scroll to Panel Configurations and On new scene uncheck reset viewport panel settings, It will keep the Legacy setting you set until you manually change it.

For interactive creation look under the Create menu set and in the Objects section you can check or uncheck as needed Interactive Creation at the bottom of both the Nurbs Primitives and Polygon Primitives fly out menus.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 01-06-2015 , 04:06 PM
Thank you.