Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-01-2008 , 05:45 AM

Beowulf Movie!

I watch it @ the cinema OMG ...user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image i was that WOW-ed ... amazing animation ... one of the best i ever seen ... except FInal Fantasy user added image :p

# 2 20-01-2008 , 04:39 AM
it was Motion capture, so people didn't actually animate much. they rigged it though. user added image

the movie itself wasn't too good though, IMO. too fantasy-ish and loud.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 20-01-2008 , 05:32 AM
lol yeah the moves was user added image user added image so real user added image now how it work ... doesn't motion capture cost a lot of cash ?

# 4 20-01-2008 , 12:23 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Joopson
it was Motion capture, so people didn't actually animate much. they rigged it though. user added image

Actually thats half right,
i know Grendel was almost 100% hand animated and a lot of the animation was motion captured first then edited to better match the scene. I mean, it would have been very hard to motion capture most of the fight scenes and the dragon fight.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 5 23-01-2008 , 10:22 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Some Guy
I mean, it would have been very hard to motion capture most of the fight scenes and the dragon fight.

this is why you get a real live dragon and people who can do such awesome things user added image