Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-11-2012 , 02:34 PM

Double Faces

I seems to have double faces, the thick blue lines seems to have double faces around them, i have tried using a clean up with lamina faces selected and also merged all verts. But even with the i still have double faces.

Also my maya has seemed to majorly slowed down making it hard to model.

Anyone know how to solve the issues? Also the slowing down of maya is becoming a pain and really halting my modeling.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Brakkau; 21-11-2012 at 04:30 PM.
# 2 21-11-2012 , 05:47 PM
The thin red line
Go to verts mode then select the verts in that area and do a merge, you will have to play with the merge threshold to get it right...........dave

# 3 22-11-2012 , 05:53 AM
Lifetime Member
With Dave on this one. Optimise your scene too, there may be hidden stuff that isnt required.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 25-11-2012 , 10:14 PM
Hey guys sorry on late reply, thanks for your feedback but I've already done that, the areas only have one vert, I've gone into all the sections and selected and only 1 vert is selected. And what you mean hidden stuff that isn't required?

# 5 26-11-2012 , 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
Check the normals, if you're running into merge problems. And if the viewport is slowing down when you think it really shouldn't be, check if you have "smooth preview" on a lot of geometry, that can bog down interactivity, also you might need to delete some history.

- Genny
# 6 26-11-2012 , 04:13 AM
Lifetime Member
By not deleting history, as Gen has suggested, sometimes you get hidden/invisible geo or textures etc...slows it down

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 26-11-2012 , 10:55 AM
Cheers guys, had a look at the normal's and nothing, so i decided to just rebuild the area which wasn't working. Also with the slowing down, i always delete history it's number 1 on my custom shelf haha but i think it's something with my laptop because my main computer runs it perfect and my laptop should also run it perfect but doesn't and it's quite annoying when trying to do work out and about.