SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Recovering a file, no idea what's wrong. Urgent help needed.

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

01-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
Awesomesaurus

Recovering a file, no idea what's wrong. Urgent help needed.
I was working on a project for school. I had autosave set up, and it appeared to be working fine. About 2 hours in, Maya crashed, but when I went to reopen the last autosave, Maya would open but show nothing. All of the autosaves do this; not a single file opens anything.

I read somewhere that if I import one of the saves into a new scene, it would show up. I did this, and it showed up, but once I saved that scene it wouldn't open again. Does anyone know what the problem is? It's very frustrating since this is a midterm assignment, and I've been in a state of panic during the entire thing because of all this.
02-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
bullet1968
Lifetime Member

http://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38519

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
02-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
Jay
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Also, sometimes maya will save an extra file, in the same directory as the original but its not always obvious unless you select 'all files' in the drop down file type menu.

It does occasionally save an invisible mb file but will look something like this example:

'my model name'.mb xf12hfhakfjflslslswxef

so its worth looking for that at well. the file will be bigger too but if you do have one reopen it and just save as something else.

Jay