Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 10-07-2004 , 04:52 AM

Off Road SCION

Hey guys...wondering if I should continue working on this? What do you think> The wheels are just stand ins, I will model new ones for the final. I was also going to retro fit my entire drive train from my rubicon, to give it a lot more detail. Just wanted to know if you guys think this is the start of a fun design. I personaly do not like this suv's. I see a ton of them modified, lowered, body kits, ect. Though tthat it would be fun to make an off road version. I would love to hear what you think, for now I am going to go to bed. Thank you for your time,
Brian

BTW, I also have the interior modeled, pretty detailed to. SO I was thinking about changing it to some kinda cool conv. Like the jeep with roll bars and stuff...Just an idea.

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 10-07-2004 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
nice model dude! you should deff get started on this baby! and like you said.....make it a conv!! that would rock the brains here at sm....

welll looking forward to it! user added image

# 3 10-07-2004 , 10:41 AM

Re: Off Road SCION

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
BTW, I also have the interior modeled, pretty detailed to. SO I was thinking about changing it to some kinda cool conv. Like the jeep with roll bars and stuff...Just an idea.

I like the idea. I'd go for it user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 10-07-2004 , 04:54 PM
cool, thanks guys,
brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 5 10-07-2004 , 08:04 PM
Here is an update with the start of the drivetran, its a screen caputre. Thanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 6 11-07-2004 , 03:30 AM
Hey brian, That is looking really nice man!!! Keep it up! user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 7 11-07-2004 , 04:19 AM
Thanks man. Been working on this all day, got nothin else to do.
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 8 11-07-2004 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
hey Brian awesome work as usual. Question. Are the tire displacements or actually model. Iam very interested to know how you did them.

# 9 11-07-2004 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
Most likely modeled one section and duplicated+rotated. At least thats how he described it in another thread. Very nice as always Brian. Like the conv. idea. It looks like there is about 1/2" of clearance between the wheels and the wheelwells as if the wheels are too big.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 10 11-07-2004 , 04:33 PM
I know....Thats one of the delimas that I have with this idea..The wheels really aren't that big...if you compare them to the size of the doors...its just that on this thing, the wheel wells are very very small. When I make the wheels small, they look kinda wierd. not sure what to do. I might just do the same thing I saw at the Detroit auto show, it was a smart car turned off road...for the wheels, they had almost atv type tires. Maybe I will do something similar...hmm...
Thanks
Brian
Yep, for the tires I just modeled one part and duplicate it around

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 11-07-2004 , 07:41 PM
well.....guys I have been working on this for a while...Wondering if I really want to invest a ton of time into it. There are a couple of things I need to do if I want to keep this project going. I am having problems keeping things proportional, mainly because of the size of the wheel wells. I might just scrap this project before I invest to much time into it user added image I am areally wanting to do a project I know I can finnish...maybe a nice street car for once. Maybe a skyline? I don't know, any suggestions??
THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 11-07-2004 , 10:27 PM
Subscriber
yo brain! great conv!! damn you got skills dude...
do you have any tuts or something..your wheels are very nasty!!

well I would go on with this but that's just me...cause I don't have the skills yet to even come this far!! but maybe a good thing would be to start a whole other concept.....an idea that you would be soooo motivated to do that you would work on it day and night if you could!! ...my dream is that I would be able to make such a undergroud-rally-car with everything on it that nobody has seen before....I think that would be a trick to keep you motivated user added image to create something with the best you got like nobody has seen before....well my time will come and you allready got the skills soooo show us what you got!!!! I think every car that you would make would be an inspiration for everybody on sm...user added image

# 13 11-07-2004 , 10:46 PM
Thanks for the compliments man. Hmmm... I have tossed the idea of creating my own design for a while now....the hard part, is actually comming up whith the design. lol. So... although it would be kinda neat, I haven't come up with a design I like to much yet...but you never know user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 11-07-2004 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber
well that would rock yes! your own design...
That would make it even more original!
I'd love to hear from ya when you got some creation on paper done user added image

GreetZ RanSIcK

btw...no tuts ?

# 15 11-07-2004 , 11:16 PM
tuts? No sorry user added image Not yet. when I make my first tut, its promised to kev allready. I think he will make a dvd with it. I am glad he is patient user added image
brian

Please check
My (old) website!