Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 06-07-2005 , 12:57 PM
Subscriber

Help stopped working

Hi, I am using Maya6.0 on g4 ibook (sounds hilarious, but it works) I was running osx 10.3.8. A couple of days ago I installed the new upgrade to 10.3.9, the result was that whenever I tryed to use the help, Safari posts:
"you are not connected to the internet
Safari can't open the page https://localhost:4448/Maya6.0/...."
I tried to fix it myself using the maya "if help isn't working" guide.
Setting the proxy tab to localhost didn't help, changing the port didn't help, and switching the help location to remote using my Ip address didn't help either. Deactivating all my internet configurations took no effect, safari still demands internet.
I called up apple, they said that they cannot help me because they didn't write maya...
I called up alias, they didn't want to help me because I am not a "platinum member" :headbang:
I got myself Maya6.5, installed it, and got the same problem again...grrrrr

Many thanks in advance for any help given

# 2 06-07-2005 , 03:27 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Are you really certain that u're connented with the internet?
If u are, try another tutorials. I don't know what's wrong and u too, so why losing time tryin' to fix that?(although Maya Help is one of the best helpers...)

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 06-07-2005 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
firstly, obviously he is connected to the internet else he cudnt post a thread........

seccondly have you got an illegal version of maya and maya 6.5? if so thats why, the help files arnt included with it.

# 4 07-07-2005 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
I am connected with the internet, but even if I allow maya to search the internet for help servers nothing happens, safari just goes on and on trying to load something that is not actually there.
It doesn't matter if my version is illegal or not, because before I installed the system update for osx the help was running fine, so what i'll do is just downgrade osx from the system recovery cd's and hope that will do.
By the way lime wire stopped working as well, I don't know if I am the only one having these problems, but maybe be carful with the 10.3.9 upgrade.

thanks for replying

# 5 07-07-2005 , 03:53 PM
Subscriber
i duno then, maybe its the mac update or what ever, i just use the internet and tutorials when ever i need help :p

# 6 07-07-2005 , 04:00 PM
Subscriber
thanks matt4068

I reinstalled the old old old osx I had, downloaded the 10.8.3 upgrade and voila everything's fine again, even limewire:attn:

# 7 07-07-2005 , 05:41 PM
Subscriber
user added image no problem