Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 19-03-2007 , 11:12 AM

Neo-Ilium

Hey,

We are Wilbert and Marcel, 2 graduate students from Kunst en Techniek (Media Art and Technology) in Holland. For our graduation we’re making a short animation.
Through this forum we would like to get some replies on what you think about our project.
You can visit us at www.neo-ilium.nl.

Gr,

Wilbert van den Broek
Marcel Eggens

neo-ilium@hotmail.com

www.neo-ilium.nl

# 2 23-03-2007 , 11:43 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
hoi wilbert en marcel,

zal ik ze hier ff gek maken door alles in het nederlands te zeggen? :p
maar zonder gekheid;
the texturing looks good, the modeling needs some refinement, for instance there's a malecharacter with an eye-patch; his lips look a bit odd the nose needs a bit more detail and his ears looks a bit strange
I don't know if it's for a game project if it's not try to get rid off the overall low-poly look

good luck anyways

# 3 23-03-2007 , 11:57 PM
Looks good so far guys, think that some textures on your characters could do with a tweeking, but it depends on what your going for, is it a movie where theres no poly count, or is there a limit that youve got?

The dynamics look really good, would like to see a WIP of how you went about them.

Keep posting your progress!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 25-03-2007 , 04:24 PM
Thanx for the comment, appreciate it!

This projects has no limmits, but we're trying to keep it low for rendering purpose. The same goes for the texturing. The whole movie wil be about 4 min in length and the releasedate is set for july, so we can't go al the way with the visuals.
For the dynamics I used Overburn and Blastcode (trial version)
The Overburn plugin is a great way to simulate smoke, fire and explosions through particles that interact with fluids. If you're a beginner (like me) and don't know how to create realistic fire and smoke, it's a great help. You can find it at:

https://petershipkov.com/development/...n/overburn.htm

Here you wil find al kinds of usefull free plugins.

Gr,

Wilbert

# 5 26-03-2007 , 02:55 AM
Cheers man, Ive got overburn, never used it in "anger" yet, Its a great little mel script, especailly for free!!

Ive got a little side project going that i'm going to use it on, combined with some dynamics for explosions and some edited mocap data. Going to take a bit before Ive got everything going as i'm still thuinking of some ideas!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle