Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-03-2003 , 03:50 PM
Subscriber

split vertex

hi, I just split 2 vertices on a border edge (middle of the body) and they became 6 vertices. Now I want to select the vertices that make up the edge wich forms the chest/neck line and leave the ones from the border edge where they are.
However when I select the vertex it keeps selecting the one on the borderedge. How can I select the other vertices that are under it?
I think I once saw a window where all vertices are displayed but I can't find it anymore.

# 2 05-03-2003 , 05:11 PM
The Maya Mountain
I normally just pick the vertices and move them slightly until I get the one I want, and merge the rest the way I see fit. Not very fancy, but it works.

# 3 05-03-2003 , 05:28 PM
Subscriber
I tried that, but I can't get them to line up exactly in the middle afterwards. Is there perhaps a window where you can enter the coordinates for vertices?

# 4 05-03-2003 , 06:35 PM
You could try the component editor

# 5 05-03-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber
thx, that looks like the thing I need, kinda complicated tho^^