Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-04-2003 , 12:35 AM

new updates from Apple

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 2 07-04-2003 , 12:36 AM
I love shake=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 07-04-2003 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
what's the latest Maya update - any idea?

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 4 07-04-2003 , 05:43 PM
Unfortunately, there is still no Maya (5) Unlimited for Mac OS X. It's a shame too, because even Linux is supported, and shouldn't be too much effort to get OS X support as well.

Oh well, that's how it goes.

What's truly funny, is about two weeks ago my company purchased two DVD SP 1.5 liscenses, and now they announce DVD SP 2 for half the price. Go figure. Hopefully the upgrades will be cheap, considering the price drop.

As far as Shake goes, I'm really interested in Apple's use of the distributed renderer. Apple's use of Rendezvous and the recent release of the Xserve cluster looks to me like they are trying to make super computers for the masses. If the Shake Qmaster is any indication of how Rendezvous implementation works for OS X, imagine if you will what that would do for other programs like Maya. Now imagine that same thing for all OS's. Cool. Rendezvous is open source, so it's quite possible. But I will agree it's not probable. Sad.

As far as FCP 4, pretty spiffy. So was FCP 3. I don't need it, we use Media 100 at work, but I can see advantages working with it. Especially with DVD SP 2 implementation. Apple definitely has something going as far as ease of use. DVD SP 1.5 took me all of one day to figure out everything. I can't imagine how much easier it can get.