Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-12-2002 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber

What Inspired You To Learn 3d Anim?

Well, i really liked...Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (Square Pictures, don't forget)
The Monsters Inc.
and other 3d anim movies..so i also kinda liked creating new things in 3d..

What inspired YOU to learn 3d??

Ioannis KarAvas
# 2 12-12-2002 , 03:31 PM
Kevin
Craig Daughtrey

# 3 12-12-2002 , 03:45 PM
Subscriber

Inspire

A Chrome Ball...over a Chess-Plate...created on a Amiga 500 (8 MHz), 512KByte RAM

Very inspiring

b u l l e t

# 4 12-12-2002 , 04:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
I was all set to be a comic book penciller until I saw Jurrasic Park. user added image That changed everything.

# 5 12-12-2002 , 06:08 PM
SM Alumni
Star Wars!! After seeing the Star Destroyer looming over the screen in the opening shot of "a new hope" my mind was made up instantly, though to this day I've never modelled a space ship. took me another 5 years to actually buy my first computer though (which was a sinclair zx80 user added image - proudest moment ever) *decides to shut up before going on a speccy reminiscence rant *

# 6 12-12-2002 , 06:10 PM
Was an artist from the get go, wasnt making enough money at painting and comics so went into 3d.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 7 12-12-2002 , 06:20 PM
Subscriber
inspired???....3d is everything LOL.. always is..always was... not LOL. but seriously, i started off as a concept artist then migrated to 3dstudio.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 8 12-12-2002 , 06:36 PM
I've been interested in the field as long as I can remember. But what got me going instead of just saying "wow, that's impossible" was when I saw few 3d pics at school made by some architect student. It looked so realistic and I somehow felt that if those dilberts can do it, why couldn't I? Ever since (1995 I believe) I've been playing with 3D gfx...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 9 12-12-2002 , 06:47 PM
Tom & Jerry, Loony Toons and The Simpsons got me into animation, T2:JD & Toy Story made to want to do 3d animation and s/vfx

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 10 12-12-2002 , 07:55 PM
same as BulletProof user added image
the ball was a must do on the Amigauser added image

CU morpher
# 11 12-12-2002 , 07:57 PM
Loony Toons got me interested in animation. Luxo Jr showed me what was possible with good 3D animation. Tron was the kicker for computer graphics in general.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 12 19-12-2002 , 08:46 PM

Tron and Last Starfighter

Both Tron and The Last Starfighter were the ones for me. Both of which I went and saw at the theater. Also, computer games in general. Looking at the dates people are referencing in their posts, I feel like such an old man user added image I remember going to the local Ben Franklins and playing Pong for 10 cents. Then came the illustrious Space Invaders, after which I was hooked, even with the hefty 25 cent price tag for playing user added image.

------
AlphaJoe

Last edited by AlphaJoe; 19-12-2002 at 08:51 PM.
# 13 19-12-2002 , 10:39 PM

:)

well the only thing that made me like 3d was that no one in my country has ever worked in 3d and especialy maya so it's been 3 years now and i know 3d and no one ever helped me at all , i learned everything alone and through the net and even though i have no money but i put the learning in my head and did it and i like it alot but of course i still need alot of times and times in 3d

# 14 20-12-2002 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
the sheer power of creativity..... well, no and yes... i used to see arse-kicking animations of tech tv's eye drops... damn!!! that show introduced me to maya and 3d...

# 15 20-12-2002 , 02:08 PM

Originally posted by kal
Star Wars!! After seeing the Star Destroyer looming over the screen in the opening shot of "a new hope" my mind was made up instantly, though to this day I've never modelled a space ship. took me another 5 years to actually buy my first computer though (which was a sinclair zx80 user added image - proudest moment ever) *decides to shut up before going on a speccy reminiscence rant *

You know it was a model, right?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-Bilbo Baggins