Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 30-11-2007 , 07:31 AM
Subscriber

command booleans & union does not works correctly

hi everybody

I selected two polygons and tryed to make only a one by using the booleans command & union and the two shapes were not unified but deleted?

its the first time I use Maya version 8 downlowded from the web site of autodesk and I am working on the tutorial ( basic human body video n° 3 ) I found in this forum

thanks for the help

want to know
# 2 30-11-2007 , 10:58 AM
try doing a search...this has been covered like every other week..... user added image

# 3 02-12-2007 , 01:26 PM
when booleaning and doing those unions, you just have to make sure the two polygons go into each other with a good amount of distance. meaning two polygons should go into each other quite a lot to not have them dissapear when you use the boolean tools.

you probably can't boolean two objects that almost barely are touching each other.

so if you just push or force your two polygons closer into each other, you should be able to do a boolean, if not, your polygon models are modeled too complex or (your edges and vertices don't flow in an organize matter) for maya to be able to calculate and boolean them.

hope that helps.

9 months into Maya...and still learning...
0 experience with any other 3D programs
# 4 02-12-2007 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
hi,

I worked a little bit on the edges and vertices so that they became more organized

and the instruction bolleans & union worked

thanks blacky :p

want to know