Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 11-11-2008 , 11:17 AM
Subscriber
Hi once again! It has been a couple of days since I updated. Just been doing tweaking and finalizing some things, so not real interesting. But got the headlights modeled in today and thought I would post an update.

Smoothed view of headlights:
https://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t...Headlights.jpg

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 17 11-11-2008 , 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Looks good, no gripes. Just one thing though, you may want to show images in the thread rather than links to images, as it may discourage many folks from even looking, I even asked the people on either side of me and they agree as well. It doesn't take away from your work though.

- Genny
# 18 11-11-2008 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber
GecT, I appreciate your nice comments about my work. I was concerned as headlights are not my most favorite thing to model. And I will take your suggestion and post the pictures in my messages and not just the links. Your reasons make good sense. Thanks to you, and the people on either side of you. ;-)

Have a good one!!

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 19 11-11-2008 , 12:47 PM
Looks great! And I agree with GecT. The first time I came here I didn't look because I saw links... (and was short of time, of course).

But it looks great, keep it up. user added image

# 20 12-11-2008 , 02:00 AM
Subscriber
Many thanks Bluethunder for both your nice words and the suggestion. I will post the screen grabs, and eventually renders, with my posts. Just never thought of what you guys pointed out. Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails

# 21 13-11-2008 , 11:33 AM
Subscriber
Evening once again, and time for a glass of wine. I got the wheel modeled and a couple of things I am not real happy with. The brake caliber I will surely come back and model at least some more realistic than that. And he had us make the Brake Rotor with Boolean Holes, and that makes it kind of useless if you smooth or sub-d. But with the Disk I may not worry since it will be so tucked away. But we will see. Hope you all have a nice evening and I raise my glass in a toast to it!! ;-)

Here are a couple of Pics. One is a Wireframe on Shaded and a Smoothed (except the Disk) version.

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 13-11-2008 , 11:34 AM
Subscriber
Smoothed Preview

Attached Thumbnails

# 23 16-11-2008 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
Evening once again. Well spent the last few day doing some tweaking and getting prepared to copy it across. And this morning made the Logo for the back, and it will be used in the interior. Now to start on the interior. I am excited and a little concerned as never tried this. But I keep saying 'It is just modeling!'.

Anyway, have a nice evening!!

Attached Thumbnails

# 24 16-11-2008 , 07:49 AM
Subscriber
From the back

Attached Thumbnails

# 25 16-11-2008 , 09:01 AM
Acid44
jesus christ, that's looking amazing man, but i do see some bumping in the rear quarter panel, other that that, i love it!

# 26 16-11-2008 , 09:20 AM
Subscriber
Right behind the door, huh Acid? Yes I have picked at that like a scab. I will work on it some more. I do appreciate you taking the time to comment on it Acid!! I am moving on to learn something I am anxious to try now. Thanks for your comments, it helps alot!!

# 27 16-11-2008 , 10:35 AM
Acid44
yep, right behind the door there, unless there's tons of geo there it shouldn't be too hard to sort out (i'm secretly doing a new project so i'm learning a lot more now :p)

and, no problem, i lo've seeing new projects take shape, it helps me to learn more, especially with cars cause that seems to be what i focus on user added image

# 28 18-11-2008 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Afternoon everyone. I have been working on the Door Transition to the Interior for the last couple of days. This is really kind of a scary part as I am not familiar with any of it. I am enjoying it though!

I know this update is not much, but a start none the less on the interior. Next we start on the dashboard.

Have a good day!!!

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 18-11-2008 , 09:40 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Hey looks good!

I like how this is turning out!

looking forward to seeing how the interior turns out!
user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 30 18-11-2008 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
Mayaniac, thank you, and I am glad you liked it! I am anxious about doing the interior and I am trying to take it slow and do as good as I can. I hope it turns out ok. But we will see!