Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 13-11-2008 , 07:12 AM

mel scripting for slim

Hi everyone.

I'm brand new at Renderman and could use some help. I just started a new job where they use Slim, and while I'm waiting for Pixar to approve access to the online docs, I would appreciate help from this community. I've done some web searches and found some examples that helped me get started, but I cannot find the following.

1) How to query what is selected. Essentially `ls -sl`, but what I need is what nodes are selected in Slim, not Maya.

2) How to query the selected node types. The other slimcmd I need is one that will enable me to find out what type of appearance a specified node is.

Simple enough if i had docs to guide me, but until then... all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
-dann