Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-11-2008 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber

HELP transparent images

Hi i simply am trying to use a texture that has some transparency in it...form photoshop. I am using a targa file and have made an alpha channel and saved as 32bit...But when I bring into maya the parts that are supposed to be transparent are black?? do i need to use a special shader...just using a lambert. please help this is for school. PS i have watched the free tutorial on the transparency maps. thanks

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 2 12-11-2008 , 04:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
do you have a black and white map in the transparency too?

# 3 12-11-2008 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
so i guess it just wasnt showing up in the work environment aka world?>?? when i rendered, the transparency was there,,,thats weird??

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 4 12-11-2008 , 10:49 PM
yeah.... maya is pretty annoying for that, if you go into your shader and go to hardware texturing you can turn the display texture to combination, somtimes does the trick.

FX supervisor - double negative