Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-03-2009 , 06:05 AM

Ninja

Hey guys

So I have decided to begin modelling a bunch of characters from one of my favorite books. Ironically one of the character fits with the simply maya tutorial "ninja warrior". So inspired by that I began with modelling my own version of the ninja tutorial. This is the very first realistic model I have ever attempted and only my 3rd model ever. I have only been learning maya in my spare time for 5 months now so any help and critisim is much appreciated. Ohh also the the render was a quick 5 min final gather render mainly because I want to texture and rig him before doing a serious render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 05-03-2009 , 06:06 AM
and a few others user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 05-03-2009 , 06:09 AM
another

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 05-03-2009 , 06:11 AM
another.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 05-03-2009 , 06:12 AM
and lastly !!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 05-03-2009 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber
not bad.

is it me or are the arms too short. our arm span is meant to be the same length as our height...

and the elbow area looks weird.. it looks like there are funky creases and pinches that shouldnt be there

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 7 06-03-2009 , 12:17 AM
Hey Chirone

Thanks for the crits. Yeah i think you are right about the arm span will rectify that over the next few days. Also the elbow area you were talking about can you be more specific for me, if your talking about the forearm area I was trying to create the appearance of muscle definition or are you talking about the area indent on the front of where the elbow is ?

Also once I have fixed up these things and feel the model is finalized i was wanting to texture and rig him. However I wanted to give him a shaved head stubble effect and have the same effect for facial hair. Anyone know the easiest yet most realistic way to do this ?? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks again Chirone

-Andy