Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 24-07-2003 , 04:55 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by slickrenderer
Don't get the ATI card. It's not good for Maya. Depends on what you do with maya but you could get something like GeForce TI4800 128Mb card. Very cheap right now.

Adl where the hell have you been? There are peoples life at stake...head to the therapy corner :-)

Not to ruffle any one’s feathers But, I got An ATI 9700 128 pro and it works Grate with no problems and I play music on my system while I work in Maya with no slow downs. Just thought I’d add my 2 cents.user added image

# 17 24-07-2003 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
rubbish! you can get a card half the price and notice very little difference!

still I dont care if someone wants to splash out... not my money!

just giving my opinion

if you want him to spend a lot of his money, you could simply send him to the qualified hardware ...

# 18 25-07-2003 , 01:05 AM
hey guys tha good-old GeF2Ti still can still cope with the newest games and make a 25-30fps game experience at 1024 resolution with maximum quality but medium particle count and no antialias (who needs it anyways playing at 1024 or 1280...) user added image

Cool thing it came with overclockeable drivers (bad in summer tough)

I can play mp3 and make background tasks without any noticeable delays(its more a CPU thing that a GPU thing) user added image
Still i tough that having passed two years since i bought it the new models would have left it on the dust (it seems not)

Im interested in one thing, so i make a general question...
What is your model of Graphics card an what is the maximum polycount you can move (ie turn arround/edit a pair of vertex, etc) at about 5-6 fps? (which is the speed where it begins to be painful working at) user added image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quadro FX!!!!! I dare you Nvidia to submit me one to review it!!!

user added image