Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-07-2003 , 02:05 AM

porsche boxter

Hey Everyone this is my first ever post, actually fist post anywhere. Anyways i've decided to do car (porsche boxter) tired of not knowing how to do one. I plan to do it all in poygons i have no experiance with nurbs, maybe the next one. I also plan to do it in segment front, back and middle, here goes user added image

Attached Images
File Type: bmp porsche.bmp (281.1 KB, 250 views)
# 2 16-07-2003 , 02:28 AM
Ok here is the font so far

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 16-07-2003 , 05:09 AM
Hey bro, nice start looks better than my first model... Actually i just finished my first ever 3d model.. looks like crap lol, but hey very nice start keep up the work

# 4 16-07-2003 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
looks good so far, welcome to SM btw.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 5 18-07-2003 , 12:10 AM
Ok heres an update, (it's taking longer than thought) but i better do it slowly the first time, don't want any major screw up

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 05-08-2003 , 07:55 PM
Ok I've had some more time to work on this. I've combined the back, middle and front parts now (that was fun user added image ). Now the plan is to tweak the body but not the little details yet, and also put in some kind of interior, stuff like the dash and seats, just so i know everything fits. I would love to here and c&c.

oh can someone tell me how to post more than one pic, i don't want to spam

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 05-08-2003 , 08:25 PM
easiest way is to take a look at the way howardporter and fredriksson do it. Multiple images on one larger image. It looks cool and lets you show lots of stuff in one image.

Good start on the car. Keep on plugging away at it.

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 8 10-08-2003 , 06:22 AM
i thinks ots a great start. keep at it. this is the only place i post any work. nice bunch.

# 9 10-08-2003 , 06:36 AM
great start i suck at modeling cars i think i have only made like 1 or 2 that were reconizable as cars lol anyways be sure to update it i want to see it smoothed out..

I HATE NURBS
<a href="//www.brink-x.com">www.brink-x.com</a>