Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-08-2013 , 08:39 AM
Lifetime Member

Animating a rigged character - Problem keying at time zero

Hi there,
I have a fully rigged characters and would like to start learning how to animate it.
But I've problems keying the character at time zero to it STAYS in that pose at time zero.

In may case, when I'm set a key at time zero and move the time slider to let's say 10 seconds, and set another key, it doesn't animate the character. But if I move back to time zero and key again, I have an animation from time 10 to 0...

I've set Maya to:
key on "All manipulator handles and keyable attributes"
Set keys at "current time"
Set "Auto key" in Prefs

I just want to 'freeze/key' my character at time zero. That's all.

Sure I miss something very basic here.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Luc

# 2 23-08-2013 , 05:54 AM
Lifetime Member
More info:
I select the 'rig-controller' at time O and key.
I move the character to time at time 10, and key again.
The WHOLE character animates! Yeah! ;-)

At time 10, I move one controller of the rigg (arm) and key that position of the arm.
But when I go back in time to time O, the arm stays in the position I keyed at time 10.

So not all attributes are keyed at time 0 when I set key at that time.

Please advice! Thx!

Last edited by Luc.Adriaens; 23-08-2013 at 05:58 AM.
# 3 27-08-2013 , 06:51 AM
Lifetime Member
The problem is solved by creating a "Character Animation Set" where you can include all keyable attributes. And this is what I needed.