Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-06-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber

Tank Treads

Hello, long time no see,
Been in hibernation for a while and decided to come back. user added image Anyways, this started out as a simple animation exercise. It was just to leanr to animate tank tracks on a motion paths. However I got really involved and started adding detail. Learnt how to use the hyper graph and the linear and the post and pre cycle infinite stuffs. Anyways here's a colab of some of the images.

Attached Thumbnails

# 2 27-06-2003 , 04:02 AM
Subscriber
nm can someone delete this post

# 3 27-06-2003 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
Sorry bout that, here is the play blast.....

Attached Files
File Type: zip playblast.zip (1.40 MB, 343 views)

# 4 27-06-2003 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
wow, those are really nice treads! They seem to come off the ground a lot though.. Other than that, really nice user added image. Also, why do people call it a playblast? Other than playback or something. Can you explain that? Thanks user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 27-06-2003 , 06:35 AM
those are cool treads, but isnt the whole thing too small length wise considering the size of each plate?

# 6 27-06-2003 , 02:03 PM
Subscriber
M- not sure why they call it that. I'll let you know if I find out user added image I put them up higher for a better shadow. This was also my first time messing with MR and FG.
Twisteddragon- thanks for pointing that out. I planned on changing the shape and at that time (now) I will also change the lenght and add more treads to make up for the extra lenght.

Thanks,
Jklaroe

# 7 27-06-2003 , 06:54 PM
Subscriber
Here's an update, I made it longer and some other stuffs...
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 8 27-06-2003 , 07:44 PM
Subscriber
It look good,, but your sprocket plates need to be inside of the treads so they are protected from objects when rolling over hazardous Terrain.

# 9 27-06-2003 , 07:45 PM
Subscriber
Actually I planned on putting some armor on the sides and the top to help protect it., but thanks for the tip.

# 10 27-06-2003 , 08:18 PM
Subscriber
Right Onuser added image

# 11 28-06-2003 , 01:48 PM
Hey man, it looks pretty cool. user added image

Only thing that I was thinking, Is that in the bottom left pic. in your first post. (the one looking down the tread) Is that it would look nice if you took the same shot and added some Depth of Field to it.

Nice work on the Vid.

- Matt