SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / SimplyMaya Tutorials / Board Questions & Suggestions / Workflow of Character Building

Board Questions & Suggestions Any suggestions you have for how you think this site could be improved can be posted here.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

25-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Chel3

Workflow of Character Building
I wanted to know the "right"? way/order to model, cloth, rig, animate a character.

i.e. Is it: Model character, make cloths/hair (and attach?), facial joints/blend shapes, textures, rigging/bind skin, paint weights, etc. I want to make sure I follow the right sequence to avoid deformations and also for efficiency.

Thanks, Chel3
04-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
Orv510

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.
28-02-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Chel3

Quote:
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWldS1Jzq0U&t=2m5s

Although it is not a step-by-step tutorial, the instructor addresses some of the concerns you have throughout the video. Hope this helps.
Hi Orv510, I appreciate the video link, it has some good stuff in it. However, it didn't have any of the info I was looking for in modeling a character, rigging it and animating. I find most tutorials show the first part, but leave you hanging cause they assume you know the next obvious step. It's only obvious after you've done it. lol
Thanks
03-03-2015, 06:44 AM   #4
kuchnaii

Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????
12-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
Chel3

Quote:
Hello Chel3, I'm no pro by any means but I just recently watched a tutorial video from Autodesk and the instructor talks about the general "workflow" of character building.????
Huh - What?
03-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
kanwal

HI,

a friend has asked me for some help in building a render farm of about 3 to 5 units to cater to 5 work stations.. Can anyone help me pls? any suggestions?

Thanks!
05-04-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
SwatSnipe
Subscriber

First model, then uv's, then textures, then cloth modelled and turned into ncloth, then hair with nurbs curves converted to hair, then rig and lastly animate
05-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #8
SwatSnipe
Subscriber

Oh, and you can do the blend shapes before the rig