Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-02-2011 , 10:28 AM
Subscriber

Dead Island - Best video game trailer ever

Last edited by tweetytunes; 18-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
# 2 18-02-2011 , 11:26 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh I saw that this arvo at work mate...a mate of mine posted it on FB...f**k man it was really bloody sad in the end. Some game mag criticised it for involving the young girl part...I didnt see anything wrong with it...made a bloody impact!!! Very well put together!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 18-02-2011 , 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Wow! That definitely got my attention (plus I just love zombie outbreaks, and anything post apocalyptic ^^) The girl getting zombified in the fray and munching on her dad made it all the more real and horrifying (I mean seriously, everyone is undead, or running from the undead but the children are safely tucked into bed in their jammies?)

- Genny
# 4 18-02-2011 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber

# 5 18-02-2011 , 09:19 PM
Lifetime Member
I agree Gen...unfortunately some people get upset or squeamish when kids are involved...but as you have basically pointed out..they arent tucked away safely...its a realist spin on a fictional story...it happens.

Sweet Tweety, will check it out after work...thanks mate!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 6 19-02-2011 , 03:18 PM
Really good trailer.

Got to say I found the use of the little girl a little upsetting, but that was the overall aim so well done to those guys, drove the point home, no one is immune to the Zombie plague!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 19-02-2011 , 07:39 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
this was very cool though there arent very many good zombie games anymore

# 8 19-02-2011 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
when was there ever - apart from res evil - I can only think of house of the dead (ok not great), left for dead, Dead rising 1+2 (but they not fantastic) and zombie apocalypse.

And with "Walking the Dead" the game coming out - the dead are truly ruling the earth.

# 9 20-02-2011 , 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
Eeh Resident Evil had its share of hits and misses, though, 5 was really good.

- Genny
# 10 20-02-2011 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber

Eeh Resident Evil had its share of hits and misses, though, 5 was really good.

I loved 1, 2, remake of 1 and 4

5 was OK, but gone to far from the roots and was made for the COD gen of players and felt more gears of war than rezzy- Dont get me wrong it was OK just not a horror game. not loving super human Wesker.

zero = more of the same as remake of 1 - duel character stuff was sometimes too much and dull.

hate the gun games and outbreaks and 3 was pants Big guy shouting "Star`s" "Star`s" for hours = boring

Code X never played even though I have it on the game cube for about 7 years now.

But I still think there has been a very small market of zombie games - love zombies

And no Plants vs Zombies don`t count

# 11 20-02-2011 , 04:38 AM
Lifetime Member
BAHAHAHAH... you had a cube tweety? LOL.....sorry mate just jibes. Im playing Res 5 now Genny...I think its ok...but agree with tweety...not horror at all...I do like the ammo top ups around the scenes though...some of those bastards just wont die. Point...they arent really zombies...they have altered DNA from the plant genetics I believe...so they arent real 'undead' in the sense...especially in 5. To be honest...I havent played a lot of horror games besides Rezzy...and Res 1 was (and still is IMO) the one that scared the shit out of me. Ok the graffs are old but hey...who didnt get the shit scared out of them when the dogs jumped through the window?? If you didtn you are already dead.

Nothing gets my goat though...when there isnt a story...Res 5 isnt too bad that way..so I hope Dead Isalnd can keep up the pace and stay with it. One thing I LOVED about Res 1 were the puzzles...it wasnt just a zombie slaughter (lets face it even I get bored eventually). Games need the gore and the scare..but a good story with interwined puzzles to exercise the brain too.

The bastards with the chainsaws in Res 5 take a lot to kill dont they?? f*****g hell they are tough.

Cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 12 20-02-2011 , 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
1, 2 and veronica were indeed good, zero just annoyed me. I started out thinking, not being stuck in a mansion was cool only to have the train crash and get stuck in a mansion 5 mins later :/ And you're right, RE 5 wasn't scary, I wouldn't even call it creepy but I had fun, I'd take the super human Wesker direction over yet another giant bug anyday lol user added image

- Genny
# 13 20-02-2011 , 04:56 AM
Super Moderator

The bastards with the chainsaws in Res 5 take a lot to kill dont they?? f*****g hell they are tough.

Cheers bullet

Atleast with those guys you don't literally open a can of worms when you get a headshot.

- Genny
# 14 20-02-2011 , 05:17 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL I agree Gen...but they are hard to kill. I think Nemisis was a good character...I think the plant/zombie/bug does go too far I agree with you there. Im stuck in Res 5 ATM...just caught up with Josh and trying to get out on the second door hack...LOL...I think Im just tired.

For play value...it has had me going for 4 or so nights now...which shits on COD or MOH...CODMW2 I finshed in 5 hours etc etc so...it gets my vote for value. Plus I got it for $40 which is better than the usual $100-110...which Im sorry (my opinion) is a complete friggin rip off for any game. Yeh I here the 'but it took a lot to make it' I have no qualms with the artists etc BUT when you look at production costs and the profits they make...I reckon its rude.

Sorry for the hijack tweety

bullet1968

# 15 20-02-2011 , 12:54 PM
Subscriber
Talking zombies and hatred for COD is always welcome here