Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-03-2005 , 11:10 PM

computer for maya

Hey everyone. I'm looking for a system to run Maya. However, I need a mobile solution (I know you're already thinking "save and upgrade the desktop," but I'm fine in that department and mobility is a must). I have a budget of around $3000, give or take a couple hundred.

From what I've seen so far, the new Dell Precision Workstation M70 sounds like a great deal (I'm still drooling over the QuadroFX Go1400 it's packing). Also, it's one of the elite few laptops available that sports a 1920x1200 resolution screen. Of course, we all know what an adventure it can be talking to dell's tech support.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this computer? Are there any alternatives that you might recommend? Again, I know I would get a lot more performance by turbocharging my desktop, but it's simply not a practical solution. Thanks for your advice.

# 2 31-03-2005 , 12:30 AM
I don't know much about workstation laptops but I've heard good things from Alienware. Here's a link to their top laptop.

https://www.alienware.com/Configurato...de=SKU-DEFAULT

As you will see you can customise it to your liking, So upgrading to 1GB of ram a Quadro FX and the larger screen size of 1680 x 1050 may be just in your budget.

hope this helps.

# 3 31-03-2005 , 01:57 AM
Thanks for the reply. I looked into Alienware and it seems they have just the sort of system I'm looking for. I'll have to see about configuring it to my needs, but it's a definite possibility. Thanks again.