Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 08-02-2006 , 10:01 AM
Subscriber

First Organic hand model

Nearly happy with the overall shape there is a bit of work to do still tweaking the thumb and wrist area. Any C+C would be great.

Attached Thumbnails

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 2 08-02-2006 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
looking nice maybe a lil squared and flat more of and arch is needed.

# 3 08-02-2006 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber
the knuckle line is too straight, try moving the outer fingers a bit back so that it slants more and has a bit of a curve to it...

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"

Last edited by blomkaal; 08-02-2006 at 12:54 PM.
# 4 08-02-2006 , 12:43 PM
yep this looks nice!maybe you could post a wire?

# 5 08-02-2006 , 01:02 PM
Subscriber

wire

here's one with the wire, currently working in SubD's, which is very new to me so I'm quite happy with the results (so far)

Attached Images

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 6 08-02-2006 , 03:49 PM
looking good

have to say that the knuckle line is more 'j' shaped and the top of the palm shouldn't be flat but curved with the middle fingers bone defining the tip of the curve. you may have already fixed this though user added image

first thing is saw also is that the skin between the fingers, 'webbing' if u will, is a little too sharp and shoul blend into the hand a little more...almost to a point of being unnoticable

cheers

# 7 14-02-2006 , 05:14 AM
Great work J5ive. This is definately going in the right direction.

I have to agree with Bloomkal and Magicsy though - the little finger is looking too long at the moment. Working on the improvements that they suggested, like the arch of the hand and the curve of the knuckles, will definately help push the outer finger back more.

The underside is looking great, though it would be nice to see the muscle that stretches from the bottom of the thumb to the palm, if you know what I mean.

Also the finger nails are looking a little plain. Maybe you could push them down into the finger a little more so that they don't look like they are sitting on top.

Hope this helps!