Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-02-2008 , 07:26 PM

Walk cycle forward motion messes up my characters weights ?

Hi 2 all

This has been my night for things going wrong.

Ok I have sucessfully completed my cavemen walkcycle, Im really pleased with it, that was until it put in some forward motion on the master controller, THEN as the caveman continues to walk forward the weights on the top part of his body go funny, by funny i mean the start to deform, this happens more and more as he walks forward, now i now its not the weight maps for the character because he deforms fine when he's cycling through the walk stationary. There are no other beformers present so what going on with my model ?

Can anybody explain how to fix this ?

thanks

Andy Gee

# 2 22-02-2008 , 07:52 PM
Ok

I have discovered what the problem is, I forgot to mention that I did a bit of skin weight changes to fix some of my deformations, the character already had his animation blocked out then I decided to make the skin weight changes.

So Now my question is how do i get them to settle down ??
I didnt paint them in the base pose I painted them in the positions that where given me trouble.

So how can I sort this out Now ??

If anybody can help that would be great

Thanks

Andy Gee