Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 11-04-2008 , 04:28 AM
Subscriber

Looking For Michael McKinley

Hello Mike-

I was wondering if you are almost complete with the training tutorial on Low and High Character Modeling Cartoons for Film and Games?

Do you also have an idea as of how much you will charge for it. I wanted to plan ahead for it.

Thanks,

Savnacuser added image

# 2 11-04-2008 , 06:21 AM
Senior Software Developer
Best to PM Mike to get an answer...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

# 3 11-04-2008 , 06:23 AM
The Maya Mountain
it's not going to be a cartoon character and it's just going to be as in used for games, as I don't work in film. I don't have a ton of free time, so it'll just have to get done when it gets done. Sorry for not having a concrete date for you.

# 4 11-04-2008 , 06:59 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Mike-

Just let me know when to come and purchase. If you do not catch me here. You can catch me on the other side.

Thanks to you two Ransid's

Thanks,

Savnac

# 5 11-04-2008 , 04:13 PM
had to poke my head in here... i'm hunting savnacs... user added image

Accept no substitutions.

# 6 26-04-2008 , 12:45 AM
Subscriber
MtMcKinley-

Was wondering if there is any progress on the Tutorial, I hope all is well.

Savnacuser added image

# 7 26-04-2008 , 08:10 AM
Subscriber
hey savnac, not to be mean or anything to you but MtMckinley is newly married and is probably spending quite a bit of time with his new wife doing married couple things. Between that and his job he probably hasn't had much time for the tutorial for here. And when he does start the tutorial it will take some time, it's not a one day job there is a lot to it. Just be patient I'm sure he will update us when he starts it and keep us updated on the progress. Give the man some time, until then keep practicing your modeling.

# 8 26-04-2008 , 08:31 AM
Subscriber
R Camel-

Ok first of all how was I to know all of this. I had not posted too him for a while now. Why does this bother you I am wondering,,,hummm , please let him answer for himself, and yes I am practicing my modeling, my God!

Anyways, this post is too MtMckenly, and if he's busy, he will know to just say so, Camel you are being rude here ok, so please ignore my post when they are not directed too you if you do not mind, so if I am being rude, well it's because you step into something that maybe you should not have, again this post was to MtMckenly.

Congratulations on you and yours MtMckenly, if I am interupting something please forgive me, I simply did not know, honestly.

When you get the chance to let me know please do so.

Thanks,

Savnac:bow:

# 9 26-04-2008 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
see you took it all the wrong way I wasn't trying to be mean I was just informing you on the whole situation and you come back with hostility. Every time someone replies to you you do this. I was just trying to inform you. And I wasn't telling you to practice your modeling to be mean either but yet you took it that way, calm down and take a chill pill.
It doesn't bother me that you were wondering, I was just replying to inform you because it looked like you didn't know this was going on and I figured I'd be nice and inform you. Apparently you don't appreciate people being nice to you and trying to help you out. You need to learn to not have an attitude with people, this is a friendly helpful message board and you act like everyone talking to you is being mean to you.

I will let Mike do the rest of the talking because I don't appreciate the crappy attitude you show towards people trying to be helpful.

</talking to brick wall>

# 10 26-04-2008 , 09:06 AM
Senior Software Developer
OK you two

Chill out.

If you want to have a personal conversation with anyone in the SM community then the place to have it is with the Personal Messsage System.

Savac, do not post something that is meant only for the attention of one person into a public area. People will comment whether you want them to or not.

Please shift this topic to a PM if you want to speak to Mike, you may even get a quicker answer. I did try to tell you that before, I obvously didnt make myself clear enough. Mike will answer a PM if and when he has time.

L8rs

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)

# 11 26-04-2008 , 09:59 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yes, please PM me instead of posting a thread directed at me. I've recently taken sick and haven't had the time to work on it. When it's done, you guys will be the first to know.

Thanks.