Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 03-02-2003 , 06:02 AM
Kik ass!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 47 23-02-2003 , 09:57 AM
Kevin
the detail you use brain is awesome!! well done mate

# 48 23-02-2003 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber
user added image.. this is great, Just one thing.. when are you going to post your final render.. its getting close to the end. Are you still active on this project? But yea, the latest image you sent of the full craft, that looks awesome user added image. Great job.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 49 23-02-2003 , 05:38 PM
Yeah, still have quite a few things to add, I am still active on it. It will only take a few hours to finnish it up, so I was hoping I could post the final image tomorrow. I think you will be surprised about the amount of detail I have tried to put into each individual components. Because of this, the Poly count is rather high. I have seperated everything on different layers so if I am one of the people who get accepted to ad the model to the site, it won't kill your computer. Not sure how it would work on a regular video card, I have a quadro 950. THanks for all of the interest, I will post the final sometime tomorrow night if thats ok, but it may not be untill late. THanks,
Brian Ellebracht

Please check
My (old) website!
# 50 23-02-2003 , 05:48 PM
Subscriber
Sweet, thats awesome brian... if theres lots of detail maybe make it not just one render.. but one full view of the thing, and a few other shots to show some of the detail in the model, like the cables and such.. blend them into the final render. Just an idea, who knows. Ok, i will be waiting for it tommorow user added image. Cya.

# 51 24-02-2003 , 02:58 PM
Thanks for the replies!! Can't wait to show you my new updates!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 52 25-02-2003 , 09:57 PM
Here is an update! Finally, seems like its been ages since I have messed with this model. I am going to try and incorperate this into my Demo reel:banana: Anyways, I made it a single tone for this render so that you could pick out the details better. There is tons of geometry in this scene, but everything is seperated in Layers, so its managable. What do you think?? STill have tons to do, Additional wires, the reciever and camera mounts, but I have plenty of time to get those done. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 53 25-02-2003 , 10:02 PM
Subscriber
Wow. What a model! I can see why you stuck everything in layers now. lol. How many faces and how large is the file size?

# 54 25-02-2003 , 10:07 PM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

I think it looks great... and it want to make me user added image

I wish I could model that great, and make it look that realistic... and I also wish I could make a rendering like that... user added image

I'm really amazed when I see some of the rendering some of you guys are making... man I have a lot to learn... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 55 25-02-2003 , 10:20 PM
believe me, some day it will just click, and then you will just want to go to the next level... lol. Anyways, here is a "print screen with a little editing
As of right now, it ranks in about 111,xxx faces,
the file size is 10mb.

as you can see from the print screen I also modeled a cockpit but I keep it turrned off because of render times, it is kind of like plastic, so you can see thru it, but takes forever to render. but, its there.. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 56 25-02-2003 , 10:21 PM
Btw, if you look at the frame, I spent some time on it and everthing is beveled so it looks good still up close

Please check
My (old) website!
# 57 25-02-2003 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber
WOW... more user added image

does anyone know were to get MAYA Doping... I would like a shot or 2... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 58 25-02-2003 , 10:37 PM
lol your funny, want to hear some thing else about this model? I have about 18 hrs invested in it. user added image Sorry user added image thought that I'd let you know. user added image
If you have any questions or anything Pm me I will try the best I can to help ya out! THanks
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 59 25-02-2003 , 11:51 PM
Beauty!

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 60 26-02-2003 , 12:11 AM
Subscriber
Wow, i love your last render! Awesome job! Tons of detail! user added image. One thing though, you going to give a final render on feb 28? Hope so, even if its not finished, label something with textures for your final if you have to user added image... great job.