Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 16-05-2006 , 08:48 AM

Why can't Maya exports bsp file??

I wondering why Maya don't have a tool that really support most of game engines...I knew that Maya has Plug-in that can export model to X file... but in real situation the file type that use for a map is bsp or a PK3 and I got advised that I have to use another program to make a map...so I want to find out is their any way that I can still use only Maya to make all these stuff things... If somebody know how to avoid using other modeling program ,please tell me....thanks very much to listening to my question...

# 2 17-05-2006 , 06:40 AM
Subscriber
Genrally most games have a built in editor or an SDK avaliable to make maps so you don't even have to use maya. If you want to get a model into the game it depends on what game it is.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 3 17-05-2006 , 10:39 AM
Thanks for answering.....maybe their wasn't much of chioces for me....I have heard that maya have the extra Plug-in which is licensed by Alias....you gotta buy from the company and it was quite expensive....so if you are not the game company ,it maybe too hard for you to get that.....Fortunatly we still got .X Plug-In....even it can't cover all the subject we want.. but it is better than you havn't got any of it....T-T

# 4 17-05-2006 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber

# 5 19-05-2006 , 09:13 AM
Thanks very much. I will try it ^^

# 6 19-05-2006 , 10:29 AM
FYI: .pk3 files are zip files (usually no or very little compression) with a different file extension.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 19-05-2006 , 02:25 PM
Subscriber
yeah use get winrar to zip it into a .pk3 and chose "zip"